Skip to main content

Week recap: week before the last week

This time, there aren't too many highlights... it was the start of defense week, but it's going to get madugo for me next week.

1. Batch epidemic - woke up Sunday morning, to a slight fever. But at no costs would I miss school. When I got there Monday... I found out everyone seemed to have the cold. Hahaha, coughing symphonies during class. It's a mixture of fatigue and well... fatigue. Really, what more do they want? We're falling asleep in class, we're coughing and sneezing in the process, and they still won't give us a break.

2. Idea 3 - last official tournament of all time, since grands doesn't exactly count. The multiply album says all. It was a crammed tournament, seeing that it was timed smack in the middle of hell week, erm month pala. Minimal training, and tough motions. Miraculously, Pat and I broke 16th. :) That got us enough to break to the grands, placing 9th with 22 points. Congrats to SR as well for making it at 13th.

3. Paref contingent bonding at Brothers' Burger - this was pure spontaneity. originally, the WR team thought we'd either just have dinner at town, go straight home in hopes that some of us would get more work done that way, or drop by Miko's 18th despite the fact we would be super super underdressed if we did. Somehow, the idea of brothers' burger just found itself there. Hahaha, so with my gigantic stack of GC's, I libre-ized the SR and WR teams. Soooo funny, super bonding, super eating (Nicky Santiago! Why didn't you finish my tira tira? I know you wanted to!), and super fun.

Funny quote: (sorry, I remembered this and I just HAD to put it)
James: There was this one time in which I was driving to town from my house, and I went too far. I ended up in Susana Heights. (note that's near Tagaytay).
Pam: Dude that's far!! Where was your house? Laguna?
James: No, in Hillsborough.
Pam: XD (beyond funny!!)

Oh, and RJ's names for his Coy fishes... I'm not going to put them... but that just cracks me up. It's really either bordering on freaking, or just plain funny. I love the names of the biggest one and the smallest one.

Cannot wait for grands public speaking finals - Raffy, Ceejaye, and Gaba. That's going to be the bestest. Grands on March8, super can't wait!

4. (the pahabol) Anticipating the extreme stress of next week - In my entire high school life, I have NEVER pulled off an all nighter. I just... haven't. But at the rate of requirements going on next week, I think I just might have to. Too much projects, too much tests. Not to mention special subject exams (which I would have gladly all taken next week). The call of the exemptions are just too tempting... we all DON'T want to take exams. We just DON'T.

OMG. FOUR DAYS. Just FOUR DAYS.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The checklist...

A lot is going on... A LOT. None of which are done yet, btw... so a-la-Nash-reply speech... I'll just go down a quick check list... on what the hell I'm supposed to be doing... (gaaah... I'm back to my time tabled life... I miss spontaineity) 1. WIT - actually this is done... it went well!! We got some possible new recruits... and it was actually fun to miss a lot of class to adj debates... and miss even more class tabbing... 2. Campaign - hasn't started... but being campaign manager has its perks and downfalls (such as shortened lunch). MOVE doesn't have a final line up yet... but anyway... it's currently on low priority... 3. Sendoff - gawd don't talk to me about this. I haven't started yet. I will, when I actually have the time to do so. 4. Prom - just finished up getting the last minute things... I'm going to spend the week breathing now... just those reaaaally minor details na lang... JUST GET IT OVER WITH NA! I swear, the planning and talking n...

To restage or not to restage...

The poll is up. Should the Gabay production of Songs for a New World do a restaging? Hit the comment button, and state your name, answer, and justification. This way, certain people won't vote numerous times. I cannot believe I'm even opening to that situation.

WR Debaters are sorority sisters... :)

It's been a little bit under hell over the past two days, so it's been hard to find the time to blog about IISDC. The teachers decided to give no mercy and imposed all make up tests to be taken today. Naturally, we died studying last night. But... the point is... it was well worth it. It's super hard to actually describe IISDC 2006, so here's the rundown on the highlights. 1. Mega SQUISH!! 12 people in Eagle star!! - Just when we thought that 8 people in a condo was difficult last year, we tried 12 this year. It took a lot of mattresses and fixing up every single day, lots of squishing, waiting for Gaba to turn off the lights, and sleeping on the floor. Imagine, the condo is originally for two people, and we fit six times more than that. Achievement! Well, it just involved having no space after all the bags were unloaded and after the sleeping bags were rolled down. But, that just adds to the fun of it! 2. No sleep, really - okay, so we still slept a little, but we woul...