Skip to main content

The checklist...

A lot is going on... A LOT. None of which are done yet, btw... so a-la-Nash-reply speech... I'll just go down a quick check list... on what the hell I'm supposed to be doing... (gaaah... I'm back to my time tabled life... I miss spontaineity)

1. WIT - actually this is done... it went well!! We got some possible new recruits... and it was actually fun to miss a lot of class to adj debates... and miss even more class tabbing...
2. Campaign - hasn't started... but being campaign manager has its perks and downfalls (such as shortened lunch). MOVE doesn't have a final line up yet... but anyway... it's currently on low priority...
3. Sendoff - gawd don't talk to me about this. I haven't started yet. I will, when I actually have the time to do so.
4. Prom - just finished up getting the last minute things... I'm going to spend the week breathing now... just those reaaaally minor details na lang... JUST GET IT OVER WITH NA! I swear, the planning and talking non stop is pretty fun a month before, but now it's just beginning to DRAG.
5. Songs... - there are play issues. No matter what production, whether it pushes or not, you cannot avoid play issues. Fingers crossed for a.) the song censoring, and b.) the accompanist, and c.) getting it actually done. Every waking moment where I don't do anything, it becomes natural instinct to pop on my Ipod and imagine the blocking.
6. Chorale - CCP fest today... it was good naman... miraculously, my voice came back minutes before we went onstage... Arimaonga was weird... I've been hoarse for weeks! Next concert, the 11th... the day after prom... how will our vocals sound?!
7. The dreaded doomsday - aka report cards... JUST GIVE IT OUT NA! And the sooner the better, it would be really bad to have people still hung over grades depression during prom night.
8. IDEA3 - no training, haven't been worrying about this. I broke in 2nd invites, and that's enough to keep me happy for the rest of the year.
9. Tryouts - don't talk to me about this either. No progress. Zero.
10. Catching up... again - I'M OFFICIALLY SLACKING OFF AGAIN. Bring me my report card such that I have motivation to study again.

Aaaand now... random quotes that are still the funniest...
- The frustrations of prom... the most common being dieting...
"I have one month before prom and look! I just ate four HUGE turons!" - Cassie Manalastas, during Songs rehearsal.
- On the IISDC dresscode... I posted this, but it's still pretty timeless...
"I'm not selling my soul! I'm just putting it up for rent!" - Nicole Gaba
- On the distance between me and my best friend's house
"Get in the car! I decided to pick you up!" "Gel, you do realize it takes two seconds to get to your house by car?" - Pam Chan and Gel Goquingco
- On criticizing the people who look particularly dead onstage... it's been overused, but still classic...
"You look like you're in front of a firing squad!" - Ms. Kliatchko (doesn't that just bring back memories?)
- On one of the worst topics to talk about during a pre prom dinner / dessert, but here it went...
"Hmm, what hurts more. A woman giving birth or a guy being kicked in the balls?" - Jarvin Villaflor (which I had to stand up and counter)
- On why you should always put others first...
"Have you ever realized that in movies, minor characters always die first? So you, being the shining star, should allow other people to go first, so at least you won't die first, and the little people will get to rub a little bit of stardom off you." - Roxanne Olanday, during the extemporaneous speaking...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To restage or not to restage...

The poll is up. Should the Gabay production of Songs for a New World do a restaging? Hit the comment button, and state your name, answer, and justification. This way, certain people won't vote numerous times. I cannot believe I'm even opening to that situation.

WR Debaters are sorority sisters... :)

It's been a little bit under hell over the past two days, so it's been hard to find the time to blog about IISDC. The teachers decided to give no mercy and imposed all make up tests to be taken today. Naturally, we died studying last night. But... the point is... it was well worth it. It's super hard to actually describe IISDC 2006, so here's the rundown on the highlights. 1. Mega SQUISH!! 12 people in Eagle star!! - Just when we thought that 8 people in a condo was difficult last year, we tried 12 this year. It took a lot of mattresses and fixing up every single day, lots of squishing, waiting for Gaba to turn off the lights, and sleeping on the floor. Imagine, the condo is originally for two people, and we fit six times more than that. Achievement! Well, it just involved having no space after all the bags were unloaded and after the sleeping bags were rolled down. But, that just adds to the fun of it! 2. No sleep, really - okay, so we still slept a little, but we woul...