Skip to main content

Intrams... Voices... and Idea1

One of the busiest weekends there was... sadly, my parents were in Baguio... and TOOK THE CAMERA WITH THEM! Malamang, I couldn't take ANY pictures AT ALL! So... blog na lang.

Intrams... no matter what, I still LOVED our parade! (despite the fact my grade 6 line stepped out of the borderlines for the parade). It's the most hectic thing - doing intrams from 8 until 1, and then chorale until 1 to 4. Most people think it's easier than it looks, but it meant that I had to learn the add ons to the parade the next morning from 7:30 to 8, all in half an hour, plus I was the pinaka front right corner mommy. But... Worth it. I loved our mix, and I love our parade. Congrats to red for taking first place, as well as their parade with lots and lots of formations :)

Voices in harmony... a week of no cold drinks or ice cream, TRYING to sleep early, resisting the urge to scream during intrams, was all for TEN MINUTES: of singing Ambo Hato and Paraiso. And it was WORTH IT. We got in the FINALS!! 11 o clock pa lang we were at the music room doing intense vocalizations. And during the car ride there, plus the hours before going onstage... we prayed to the nine choirs of angels: most I've ever prayed. That's 81 sets of our father-hail mary-glory be, EACH person. FINALS! FINALS! FINALS! :) Plus, the car ride going back - me and my VERY BAD navigational skills
Pam: Yeah, you turn there, back into the highway.
Driver: So, left or right?
Mari: Left! Left! Left!
Romina: Wait, papunta ba tayo sa Edsa?
Pam: Right!! Ano ba?
Mari: Akala ko highway!
Pam: Nooo!! It's the Ayala highway we just came frommm!!
Bonding!! That was 7 people stretching out on the new big-ass wooodrose van. I'm ready for FINALS!

Idea 1.. well, one has to give up something, so I didn't debate in this one. But, I made sure to go the next day to see the kids. Abby and Chrissa broke ninth, plus Rox Sam and Gaba's public speaking. The best were the moments in between...
Abby: Pam, how do you spell villaflor?
Pam: Villa... tapos f-l-o-r.
Abby: Ah okay.
Pam: Why? What did you think it was ba?
Abby: Villa... tapos f-l-o-o-r (points to the floor, as in SAHIG)
Pam: Oh, so translated, it means house of floors?
Abby: Tama, the real one means house of flowers.

Ms Q: Southridge boys! We are going to leave you na!
Rox: Guys, break to semis is being announced na daw!
Abby: Guys!! Hurry up!
All the boys except Joaqy go inside the car.
Pam: What? You guys decided to leave your dessert na lang?
RJ: No, Joaqys waiting for it. Lets go!
Abby: Noo! You're going to make him walk to ICA with all your ice cream?
Chrissa: He's there na!
Joaqy goes inside the car, with 4 ice creams.
Chrissa: Hm, walang spoon?
Joaqy: Ahhhhhh!!!
Pam: Haay nako!
We didn't end up being late, just so you know.

Pam: Guys, sabi daw, Cato and Ejay are very sick, in Sagada.
Abby: How sick is sick?
Pam: High fever. And kawawa daw, the teachers aren't doing anything.
Ms Q: Kasi, they're not motherly.
Pam: Actually, they gave them ALAXAN.
Joaqy: WHAT?! So they have muscle pains na?!
Pam: (still reading) Sabi daw, alaxan cures everything.
RJ: So if I'm dying... I should be given alaxan. It cures everything.

Sam Lim: Sir! You CHANGED my life! By playing the piano at that opportune moment, I was able to find my pen! Thus, you're my favorite adj! --- that's Vinny Tagle.

Gaba: (during public speaking finals) So, when you're choosing from Paris Hilton and Jessica Simpson. Think about this. Paris Hilton, subplanks Kip and Hansky, who have nice pangas. While you have Jessica Simpson, subplank (squats to the ground) Patrick Cocabo.
Gaba won public speaking!! Panalo talagaaaaa!! :D

Thaaaat's all!! This week: Eucharistic flower carpet making (we have the gigantic circle this time!!), Filming for the art project, PSDC tryouts, SAT IIs, and DLSUCET. And just so you know... it's 12noon. The rest of the people are at school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The checklist...

A lot is going on... A LOT. None of which are done yet, btw... so a-la-Nash-reply speech... I'll just go down a quick check list... on what the hell I'm supposed to be doing... (gaaah... I'm back to my time tabled life... I miss spontaineity) 1. WIT - actually this is done... it went well!! We got some possible new recruits... and it was actually fun to miss a lot of class to adj debates... and miss even more class tabbing... 2. Campaign - hasn't started... but being campaign manager has its perks and downfalls (such as shortened lunch). MOVE doesn't have a final line up yet... but anyway... it's currently on low priority... 3. Sendoff - gawd don't talk to me about this. I haven't started yet. I will, when I actually have the time to do so. 4. Prom - just finished up getting the last minute things... I'm going to spend the week breathing now... just those reaaaally minor details na lang... JUST GET IT OVER WITH NA! I swear, the planning and talking n...

To restage or not to restage...

The poll is up. Should the Gabay production of Songs for a New World do a restaging? Hit the comment button, and state your name, answer, and justification. This way, certain people won't vote numerous times. I cannot believe I'm even opening to that situation.

WR Debaters are sorority sisters... :)

It's been a little bit under hell over the past two days, so it's been hard to find the time to blog about IISDC. The teachers decided to give no mercy and imposed all make up tests to be taken today. Naturally, we died studying last night. But... the point is... it was well worth it. It's super hard to actually describe IISDC 2006, so here's the rundown on the highlights. 1. Mega SQUISH!! 12 people in Eagle star!! - Just when we thought that 8 people in a condo was difficult last year, we tried 12 this year. It took a lot of mattresses and fixing up every single day, lots of squishing, waiting for Gaba to turn off the lights, and sleeping on the floor. Imagine, the condo is originally for two people, and we fit six times more than that. Achievement! Well, it just involved having no space after all the bags were unloaded and after the sleeping bags were rolled down. But, that just adds to the fun of it! 2. No sleep, really - okay, so we still slept a little, but we woul...