I haven't been blogging much... work or outing every day (the life is coming back... a bit). So I'll squeeze out the last ounce of creativity I have for a final summer entry... (no events, again)
Ask me to describe myself, and I can give you pairs of pretty contradictory descriptions, my best friend Gel agrees that I can be at the extremes sometimes. Ask several people to describe me, and you'll wonder if they're describing the same person (of course, depends whom you ask). By then, I'm pretty used to the remark "Pam! You're the/so (insert word here)"
But, there are the times in which I get pretty surprised by the comments. I don't really get why, but when you really look at it... maybe I really am such. Here are the top two expressions, pretty much the ones I've been hearing all summer.
"CUTE / the CUTEST!" --- I found this very weird at first. I mean, I used to be the expert at acting baby-ish (heck, I did a baby accent throughout one workshop play, actually worked), but this is weird. I get this in the randomest circumstances (I dont get it!). It's a weird instance, specially when you're used to the "you're so seryoso". Variations include: "--huggable, --pinchable, --funniest". People who frequently say this: Isha, Miss Quesada (a teacher says it!!!), MonMen/baaaaby
"SCARY " --- I have been called "nice" a lot more times. (variations: being part of the nice barkada, being so unbelievably nice, etc.) But I've been called this. In a debate tryout survey, there were people who actually answered yes to the question "do you find pam scary?". Variations include: "---getting dictatioral". People who frequently say this: debate people, the unfortunate people who get to be part of my cast during productions. If you're part of the crew, I was probably worse.
"Paaam! You're the funniest!" "Wait, WHY are you laughing at me?!" "Paaam! You're the cutest!" (I put on a frustrated confused look at this point)
"Oh no, it's Pam the dictator. She has the mic again. Don't ever give her one of those."
"Pam has the scary manner kasi, when she gets on the podium, everyone just keeps quiet." (I just sit there, trying not to look scary, but I had already finished speaking.) (Funny thing is, I came from calm to scary in a year.)
Ask me to describe myself, and I can give you pairs of pretty contradictory descriptions, my best friend Gel agrees that I can be at the extremes sometimes. Ask several people to describe me, and you'll wonder if they're describing the same person (of course, depends whom you ask). By then, I'm pretty used to the remark "Pam! You're the/so (insert word here)"
But, there are the times in which I get pretty surprised by the comments. I don't really get why, but when you really look at it... maybe I really am such. Here are the top two expressions, pretty much the ones I've been hearing all summer.
"CUTE / the CUTEST!" --- I found this very weird at first. I mean, I used to be the expert at acting baby-ish (heck, I did a baby accent throughout one workshop play, actually worked), but this is weird. I get this in the randomest circumstances (I dont get it!). It's a weird instance, specially when you're used to the "you're so seryoso". Variations include: "--huggable, --pinchable, --funniest". People who frequently say this: Isha, Miss Quesada (a teacher says it!!!), MonMen/baaaaby
"SCARY " --- I have been called "nice" a lot more times. (variations: being part of the nice barkada, being so unbelievably nice, etc.) But I've been called this. In a debate tryout survey, there were people who actually answered yes to the question "do you find pam scary?". Variations include: "---getting dictatioral". People who frequently say this: debate people, the unfortunate people who get to be part of my cast during productions. If you're part of the crew, I was probably worse.
"Paaam! You're the funniest!" "Wait, WHY are you laughing at me?!" "Paaam! You're the cutest!" (I put on a frustrated confused look at this point)
"Oh no, it's Pam the dictator. She has the mic again. Don't ever give her one of those."
"Pam has the scary manner kasi, when she gets on the podium, everyone just keeps quiet." (I just sit there, trying not to look scary, but I had already finished speaking.) (Funny thing is, I came from calm to scary in a year.)
Comments