I'm not used to having all this free time; that's probably the reason why I just keep posting entry after entry. This week has been the most unproductive of the summer (apr16-20). Sooner or later I'm going to run out of things to blog. Here goes.
Just as what Mica said during our senior tribute: I have attachment issues. Being half melancholic, I tend to live in the past sometimes. And that normally happens when the present is dull and boring. Like now.
______________________________________________
For the past month, things have been shaky about a restaging of songs. Finally, we decided against it, knowing that time constraints and schedules were not on our side.
Although, the natural thing to do with plays is the constant effort and determination to improve and make it better. "Songs..." was a makeshift, and as we earlier thought about, who knows how it'll be in a larger auditorium, better sound system, and maybe just a few more weeks of rehearsal.
But when you really think about it... When it comes down to whether or not a play was good, it's not in the quality of the notes that you hit, the lyrics that came out perfectly. it was what a frustrated and scared director told her cast five days before show, when nothing else could have been done anymore: Love your songs. Love the meanings of those songs. Love the play. Love what you're doing onstage, and it will show. You guys did exactly that. That's what it takes to give off a good production. Even through impromptu blocking, forgotten words, shaky notes, and singing while crying at the same time, it showed that the cast loved the play. These guys grabbed the audience during the last song. that's all a director would ask for, and I couldn't have asked for a more loving and supportive cast.
It's been more than a month since opening night, and I'm still hungover. The soundtrack still plays on my laptop as often as ever. A restaging of "Songs..." isn't needed to prove anything because my cast has already done that a million times over.
_______________________________________________
It's been a month in a completely other aspect, and I have to say that I'm struggling. Being captain of an unmoderated varsity, particularly something like debate, is harder than I thought. Its now our turn to help out train freshmen and sophs whom we now refer to as our kids. Its now our turn to head things and be the seniors.
Debate's really about coordinating, which is something I'm not the strongest on. But it's the way I'm going to finally learn how it's done. Although last year was total bliss, not too much responsibility and having the best team ever, it's time to make this year's team.
I've questioned my credibility to this captainship many times. But as our old trainor said: "you have to start believing that you can again."
I have to thank my officers, and my supportive members. I wouldn't have survived so far without you guys.
_____________________________________________
I'm not the candidate for best friend of the year award, clearly not. As much as I try to be, there are times in which I really fall short. Recently, the department is called availability: coming in late, leaving early, cancelled gimmicks, missed calls and the like. I did feel guilty a great number of times, particularly when there were times that I knew there was a gap forming. As on my part, it was the whirlwind of work, trainings, rehearsals, concerts, tournaments, reunions and plays.
But this time it's the other way around, the busy-ness part I mean. My besties are leaving for Spain tomorrow, (that includes the shopping splurge in barcelona, and the like).
Guys, thank you for always forgiving me for all the times in which I wasn't there for you guys. Have fun this summer, I'll be waiting for you in a month's time. Just like how you always used to for me.
Just as what Mica said during our senior tribute: I have attachment issues. Being half melancholic, I tend to live in the past sometimes. And that normally happens when the present is dull and boring. Like now.
______________________________________________
For the past month, things have been shaky about a restaging of songs. Finally, we decided against it, knowing that time constraints and schedules were not on our side.
Although, the natural thing to do with plays is the constant effort and determination to improve and make it better. "Songs..." was a makeshift, and as we earlier thought about, who knows how it'll be in a larger auditorium, better sound system, and maybe just a few more weeks of rehearsal.
But when you really think about it... When it comes down to whether or not a play was good, it's not in the quality of the notes that you hit, the lyrics that came out perfectly. it was what a frustrated and scared director told her cast five days before show, when nothing else could have been done anymore: Love your songs. Love the meanings of those songs. Love the play. Love what you're doing onstage, and it will show. You guys did exactly that. That's what it takes to give off a good production. Even through impromptu blocking, forgotten words, shaky notes, and singing while crying at the same time, it showed that the cast loved the play. These guys grabbed the audience during the last song. that's all a director would ask for, and I couldn't have asked for a more loving and supportive cast.
It's been more than a month since opening night, and I'm still hungover. The soundtrack still plays on my laptop as often as ever. A restaging of "Songs..." isn't needed to prove anything because my cast has already done that a million times over.
_______________________________________________
It's been a month in a completely other aspect, and I have to say that I'm struggling. Being captain of an unmoderated varsity, particularly something like debate, is harder than I thought. Its now our turn to help out train freshmen and sophs whom we now refer to as our kids. Its now our turn to head things and be the seniors.
Debate's really about coordinating, which is something I'm not the strongest on. But it's the way I'm going to finally learn how it's done. Although last year was total bliss, not too much responsibility and having the best team ever, it's time to make this year's team.
I've questioned my credibility to this captainship many times. But as our old trainor said: "you have to start believing that you can again."
I have to thank my officers, and my supportive members. I wouldn't have survived so far without you guys.
_____________________________________________
I'm not the candidate for best friend of the year award, clearly not. As much as I try to be, there are times in which I really fall short. Recently, the department is called availability: coming in late, leaving early, cancelled gimmicks, missed calls and the like. I did feel guilty a great number of times, particularly when there were times that I knew there was a gap forming. As on my part, it was the whirlwind of work, trainings, rehearsals, concerts, tournaments, reunions and plays.
But this time it's the other way around, the busy-ness part I mean. My besties are leaving for Spain tomorrow, (that includes the shopping splurge in barcelona, and the like).
Guys, thank you for always forgiving me for all the times in which I wasn't there for you guys. Have fun this summer, I'll be waiting for you in a month's time. Just like how you always used to for me.
Comments