Skip to main content

Multi purpose: tribute to IIIB, debate, and songs....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

TEN SONGS. EIGHT WEEKS. SIX CREW MEMBERS. FOUR CAST MEMBERS. TWO SHOWS. ONE PRODUCTION.

After all those "will this thing really happen? kaya ba toh? is this really doable?" moments, I'm five days away to March 17, the showing of "Songs for a New World". The realization just sank in. This is really happening. It's not one of those cancel out shows, which happened a lot over the year. The tickets have been released, the IMs are circulating, the blocking is finally fixed, the minus ones are being edited for the last time.

Gawd, I'm scared to pieces. I'd love everyone to come and watch, and we'll really try our best not to disappoint. Thank you goes to so many people, such that I barely spent AT ALL for the production, unless you count rehearsal food. But I'll do that once the show's over.
Shyet. Last shot. It's about one moment. THIS IS IT.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Idea Grands!! Congrats to Bea and Giovs for making quarters, Mikki and Jeric for making finals, and Xavier (C Borr and Little Poon) for winning. :) But aside from the results, it was one of the most MEMORABLE tourneys ever!! Grabe, we squished every moment of bonding into a single day.

Our storming of McDo takeout in Katipunan in order to feed two very hungry varsities.
To Jeric... "Lloooossseerrr!!" by pola and gaba, complete with matching actions and tone.
Poch's phone call... we're so PROUD!
Raffy's grilled fat... what on earth was that? And passing around the saucer for Raffy's VAT. Professional leech talaga!
Cupcakes in Serendra... thanks to Mikki A and Ronnie for making libre!! Belated happy birthday to you both!!
The sign of too much camwhorring: everyone's batteries die na talaga.

The quote of the day: (in Serendra)
Nicole Gaba: I should have worn heels. I feel so underdressed!
Mikki Albano: Kasi, we put the ASS in CLASS. :D
Love that!!

That was our LAST TOURNAMENT. I will miss this debate season, it super rocked!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In two days' time, we're officially seniors. But I will forever miss IIIB. I love this class to pieces!! Haha, Steph is working on the block thing for next year.

Class bonding was definitely at its best. Matching pink and black jerseys with our class numbers on it. And our class lunch, baboys!! We super pigged out on how many boxes of pizza, but we love each other for that. And when it came down to a single liter of Royal for our drink, it was one sip each, I loved that!! :D

I love IIIB. Junior year was definitely the most stressful to date, but it's probably also the most memorable. The projects and all were the worst hell load yet, but I'd do it all over again if the class was always there to back each other up. :D

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awww... IDEA Grands. I wish I went. :(

Popular posts from this blog

The checklist...

A lot is going on... A LOT. None of which are done yet, btw... so a-la-Nash-reply speech... I'll just go down a quick check list... on what the hell I'm supposed to be doing... (gaaah... I'm back to my time tabled life... I miss spontaineity) 1. WIT - actually this is done... it went well!! We got some possible new recruits... and it was actually fun to miss a lot of class to adj debates... and miss even more class tabbing... 2. Campaign - hasn't started... but being campaign manager has its perks and downfalls (such as shortened lunch). MOVE doesn't have a final line up yet... but anyway... it's currently on low priority... 3. Sendoff - gawd don't talk to me about this. I haven't started yet. I will, when I actually have the time to do so. 4. Prom - just finished up getting the last minute things... I'm going to spend the week breathing now... just those reaaaally minor details na lang... JUST GET IT OVER WITH NA! I swear, the planning and talking n...

To restage or not to restage...

The poll is up. Should the Gabay production of Songs for a New World do a restaging? Hit the comment button, and state your name, answer, and justification. This way, certain people won't vote numerous times. I cannot believe I'm even opening to that situation.

WR Debaters are sorority sisters... :)

It's been a little bit under hell over the past two days, so it's been hard to find the time to blog about IISDC. The teachers decided to give no mercy and imposed all make up tests to be taken today. Naturally, we died studying last night. But... the point is... it was well worth it. It's super hard to actually describe IISDC 2006, so here's the rundown on the highlights. 1. Mega SQUISH!! 12 people in Eagle star!! - Just when we thought that 8 people in a condo was difficult last year, we tried 12 this year. It took a lot of mattresses and fixing up every single day, lots of squishing, waiting for Gaba to turn off the lights, and sleeping on the floor. Imagine, the condo is originally for two people, and we fit six times more than that. Achievement! Well, it just involved having no space after all the bags were unloaded and after the sleeping bags were rolled down. But, that just adds to the fun of it! 2. No sleep, really - okay, so we still slept a little, but we woul...