I got this message from tabs... I think it's a good way to summarize what happened...
"24 hours has passed since our gala show, we all had mixed emotions. Some were anxious, some nervous, some were on the verge of peeing and crapping while others pretended to be calm. But if there was a word to be describe the show, I'd say the process was total bliss. Learning the chords, hearing them right for the first time, turon and cheez its, we had our ups and downs. Forgotten lines, injured knees, screwed lapels. But as cliche as it might sound, it was worth it. Who'd ever thought we'd all get to unite and imagine a new world? Who would have thought we were capable of creating music and not just singing notes? That day was just unreal."
After eight weeks of constant worry that things wouldn't push through, IT FINALLY HAPPENED. At 12nn and 6pm, Songs for a New World happened. To say a few words, things did not turn out how I expected them to be. Some were worse, but some were WAY BETTER.
MATINEE - Mics were horrible, too much feedback. Opening number off tune. Cassie and Panty were brilliant, though. You could see how much everyone was trying.
GALA - The definition of BRILLIANCE. Brought down the house.
I think thanks are in order first.
MS. MAGSINO and BRIDITH - Thank you for allowing us to do this production in the first place. Thanks for keeping me sane throughout the process, and reminding me to sleep and eat. I might have seriously lost it if not for you.
GEL, CATH, and ISHA - My lovely props movers!! Thanks so much for, obviously doing a really good job of moving the props. (Funny moment: during the gala, the candles weren't lit. The SMs only had two matches left. One of them broke, leaving them with one. They used a single match to light two candles, thinking they were gonna die) (Funny moment number 2: they forgot that there was no stool in the closing number, they pulled out the stool from the stage just a second before the lights came up). Also, thanks for rushing to help whenever we needed something (i.e. picking up the jacket, etc.) And lastly, thanks for really helping me when I thought things would go bad. (If you don't believe things went bad, can I just say that I broke down completely)
PATRICE - Thanks for taking and editing our poster and tickets. I do not believe anybody who says it's not worthy of being put up.
JARV - Thank you SO MUCH for mixing the minus ones in time for the play, for tweaking and editing the pauses, and most importantly: coming two hours before gala to bring your bigger soundboard so that things would sound a lot better. Thanks for taking that initative, in order for that gala show to be really good.
ZARS, MS. PANTALEON, and KAYE - Thank you for putting up the backdrop curtain for the show. For people who might think this was so miniscule: we made use of a cloth that we pleated in exact measurements and pinned manually on the walls using regular pins. It's not that easy.
They were anal about it, but that's what made it look nice anyway.
KEN - Thank you for the jacket. And thanks for the support you gave, even when you weren't able to see the show itself. I owe you a soundtrack.
ANA and CRIS - Lights and sounds SMs!! I really have to thank you both for the HUGE help you put into this play, almost taking it as your own. That includes calling people for connections, running around malls and supermarkets to get us stuff, writing sequences to that things wouldn't screw up, coming really early and leaving really late. I know issues kind of came up in the dress tech days, but I'm glad you guys stuck through it. This play would have not been the same without you. And, once again, I'm sorry for not opening auditions.
EJAY - Thanks for taking the time off to learn the pieces for the minus ones, although you had your own play to worry about. Thanks for being really enthusiastic about the whole thing, and watching the last rehearsals and the gala. Your comments were definitely appreciated. I know you don't lie when you say it was good. I'm glad to have heard that from you.
RICHELLE - Thanks also for recording our minus ones. Thanks for taking the time off to attempt the most difficult pieces of the show.
MS. KLIATCHKO - Although you didn't watch the show, those two songs that you heard were really important to me. Thanks for giving me the reassurance that it was vocally there. When Ms. K says its vocally good, it must be.
PIA - Thanks for coming to see both shows, matinee and gala. Thanks for reassuring me about things, and for recording the gala show on your Ibook. I want the soundtrack!
collectively, Miss K, Pia, and Ejay - I believed that it was a good show because you guys told me it was. Thanks for that support.
CHRISSA, POLA, and MONMEN - Thanks for the reassurance that I could actually do this show. Thanks for having faith in me in more than just this play, but in debate as well.
EVERYONE WHO WATCHED THE MATINEE AND GALA SHOWS - Obviously, thanks for watching, and supporting. To everyone who didn't, you're redeemed, but you definitely missed out on something.
SABS - I would have never survived this play without you. Thanks for being everything I was not, thanks for being calm when I wasn't. Thanks for being strong during the times that I thought it really wasn't going to happen. I owe you SO MUCH. The advertising, props, and all the technicalities go out to you. Thanks for going to SM as well to get all our stuff. Sabel is the backbone of the production. It wouldn't have happened without her.
TABU - You had an injured ankle two days before the show, and I really thought that you weren't going to make it. You also had the faultiest lapel in the show. Forgive your darling director, because in this production, you proved yourself to me in many ways. Thank you for pushing me on during this production from start to end, for dealing with your setbacks, for dealing with your mic, which was totally my fault. So much kudos goes to you, She Cries and I'd Give it All For You were brilliant during the gala!
PANTY - You mixed up your lyrics on both shows, and you almost tripped during rehearsal. Countless times have you offered to drop. But you covered up for your mistakes, and I'm forever grateful when you commuted to the first techincal run rehearsal. Raisa Panty is the voice behind "kaya yan!", the tagline of the show. As I said, King of the World was made for you, and you definitely showed that to me, both shows.
CASSIE - Despite your priorities of the past few months, I'm amazed on how much you grew to love this show, even if it was the most makeshift thing in the world. Thanks for helping out with the staging and polishing. Stars and the Moon and Flagmaker saved the play during the matinee, and still shone during the gala. I will forever give you food to make you happy if it's what it takes.
TASHA - The girl had her first lead in this production, and she definitely pulled it off, despite the fact we changed blocking last minute. Thanks for pulling strings to get this production together, including our wardrobe problems. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. You were brilliant in I'm Not Afraid of Anything, Christmas Lullaby, and I'd Give it All For You.
THE OPENING NUMBER OF THE GALA MADE ME BREATHE AGAIN. THE CLOSING NUMBER OF BOTH SHOWS WERE BRILLIANT, THE ONE IN THE GALA ALMOST MADE ME CRY BECAUSE YOU WERE LEAVING THE PERFECT LAST IMPRESSION.
I've watched many different shows before this one in order to get a good feel on what I was supposed to be doing. I learned this from them:
-We might not have had as much finances as that of The Littlest Empress, but for a makeshift production, it was definitely good. In exhausting connections, you see how much people are willing to help.
-We might not have had as much rehearsal time, polishing, and professionalsim as Once on this Island, but sometimes, when you're faced with a half baked play, the director can only do so much. Leave it to your cast members to save the show, and they will impress you.
-We might not have had as much support and natural acting as Platus: Tikboy, but as long as people believe it will happen, you're not alone. Sometimes you don't know how many people actually do. And as long as your cast loves the play, they will melt into the roles.
My cast lived out this message both onstage and off: so did my crew, behind the scenes
"HOLD ON, HOLD TIGHT. I KNOW IT'S DARK RIGHT NOW BUT JUST BELIEVE SOMEHOW THAT SOON THERE WILL BE LIGHT."
No matter what, as long as we kept going, this play was only improving more and more, even when I didn't see it.
"HEAR MY SONG, IT WILL HELP US SURVIVE ALL THE PAIN."
hearing those songs sounding brilliantly during the in between rehearsals erased the entire matinee impression. And whenever we would rehearse, I'd remeber why I was doing this. Tabu addressed this line to me during the gala, completely with impromptu blocking and actions.
"LISTEN TO THE SONG THAT I SING, AND TRUST ME, WE'LL BE FINE."
At the end of the day, we were fine, KAYA YAN!, in panty's words. And it was.
TEN SONGS. EIGHT WEEKS. SIX CREW MEMBERS. FOUR CAST MEMBERS. TWO SHOWS. ONE PRODUCTION, ONE MOMENT.
Thanks goes out once again to all of the people who helped in this production. I never knew it would be so many.
"And if all those people believe in you, deep enough and strong enough, believe in you. Hard enough, and long enough, then you just might start to see what everybody sees in you. And maybe even you can believe in you too."
From then, I believed I could really pull off directing something like this. I never used to, but thanks to them, I finally did. It's the tribute to theatre, as it's my last production. Thanks to all for helping me end it with a bang.
***shoutout: To anyone who saw the show, failed to see it, or simply loved the show, Pia is currently making a soundtrack (yes, it's a recording of the gala show). If you want a copy of it, please hit the comment button and include it in your comment that you want one. If you didn't see the show and are getting one, I won't give you one unless you swear to give me reviews on it. If you want to "see the show again", we have a video just in case you want to remember how bad the matinee show was and how brilliant the gala show was. I'm not giving away copies, but you're welcome to drop by my house and watch it with me. I swear I won't get tired of watching it over and over.
IT'S ABOUT ONE MOMENT. AND ON MARCH 17, 2007 6PM, IT WAS THAT MOMENT. Guys, thanks for being there to share that one moment with me.
"24 hours has passed since our gala show, we all had mixed emotions. Some were anxious, some nervous, some were on the verge of peeing and crapping while others pretended to be calm. But if there was a word to be describe the show, I'd say the process was total bliss. Learning the chords, hearing them right for the first time, turon and cheez its, we had our ups and downs. Forgotten lines, injured knees, screwed lapels. But as cliche as it might sound, it was worth it. Who'd ever thought we'd all get to unite and imagine a new world? Who would have thought we were capable of creating music and not just singing notes? That day was just unreal."
After eight weeks of constant worry that things wouldn't push through, IT FINALLY HAPPENED. At 12nn and 6pm, Songs for a New World happened. To say a few words, things did not turn out how I expected them to be. Some were worse, but some were WAY BETTER.
MATINEE - Mics were horrible, too much feedback. Opening number off tune. Cassie and Panty were brilliant, though. You could see how much everyone was trying.
GALA - The definition of BRILLIANCE. Brought down the house.
I think thanks are in order first.
MS. MAGSINO and BRIDITH - Thank you for allowing us to do this production in the first place. Thanks for keeping me sane throughout the process, and reminding me to sleep and eat. I might have seriously lost it if not for you.
GEL, CATH, and ISHA - My lovely props movers!! Thanks so much for, obviously doing a really good job of moving the props. (Funny moment: during the gala, the candles weren't lit. The SMs only had two matches left. One of them broke, leaving them with one. They used a single match to light two candles, thinking they were gonna die) (Funny moment number 2: they forgot that there was no stool in the closing number, they pulled out the stool from the stage just a second before the lights came up). Also, thanks for rushing to help whenever we needed something (i.e. picking up the jacket, etc.) And lastly, thanks for really helping me when I thought things would go bad. (If you don't believe things went bad, can I just say that I broke down completely)
PATRICE - Thanks for taking and editing our poster and tickets. I do not believe anybody who says it's not worthy of being put up.
JARV - Thank you SO MUCH for mixing the minus ones in time for the play, for tweaking and editing the pauses, and most importantly: coming two hours before gala to bring your bigger soundboard so that things would sound a lot better. Thanks for taking that initative, in order for that gala show to be really good.
ZARS, MS. PANTALEON, and KAYE - Thank you for putting up the backdrop curtain for the show. For people who might think this was so miniscule: we made use of a cloth that we pleated in exact measurements and pinned manually on the walls using regular pins. It's not that easy.
They were anal about it, but that's what made it look nice anyway.
KEN - Thank you for the jacket. And thanks for the support you gave, even when you weren't able to see the show itself. I owe you a soundtrack.
ANA and CRIS - Lights and sounds SMs!! I really have to thank you both for the HUGE help you put into this play, almost taking it as your own. That includes calling people for connections, running around malls and supermarkets to get us stuff, writing sequences to that things wouldn't screw up, coming really early and leaving really late. I know issues kind of came up in the dress tech days, but I'm glad you guys stuck through it. This play would have not been the same without you. And, once again, I'm sorry for not opening auditions.
EJAY - Thanks for taking the time off to learn the pieces for the minus ones, although you had your own play to worry about. Thanks for being really enthusiastic about the whole thing, and watching the last rehearsals and the gala. Your comments were definitely appreciated. I know you don't lie when you say it was good. I'm glad to have heard that from you.
RICHELLE - Thanks also for recording our minus ones. Thanks for taking the time off to attempt the most difficult pieces of the show.
MS. KLIATCHKO - Although you didn't watch the show, those two songs that you heard were really important to me. Thanks for giving me the reassurance that it was vocally there. When Ms. K says its vocally good, it must be.
PIA - Thanks for coming to see both shows, matinee and gala. Thanks for reassuring me about things, and for recording the gala show on your Ibook. I want the soundtrack!
collectively, Miss K, Pia, and Ejay - I believed that it was a good show because you guys told me it was. Thanks for that support.
CHRISSA, POLA, and MONMEN - Thanks for the reassurance that I could actually do this show. Thanks for having faith in me in more than just this play, but in debate as well.
EVERYONE WHO WATCHED THE MATINEE AND GALA SHOWS - Obviously, thanks for watching, and supporting. To everyone who didn't, you're redeemed, but you definitely missed out on something.
SABS - I would have never survived this play without you. Thanks for being everything I was not, thanks for being calm when I wasn't. Thanks for being strong during the times that I thought it really wasn't going to happen. I owe you SO MUCH. The advertising, props, and all the technicalities go out to you. Thanks for going to SM as well to get all our stuff. Sabel is the backbone of the production. It wouldn't have happened without her.
TABU - You had an injured ankle two days before the show, and I really thought that you weren't going to make it. You also had the faultiest lapel in the show. Forgive your darling director, because in this production, you proved yourself to me in many ways. Thank you for pushing me on during this production from start to end, for dealing with your setbacks, for dealing with your mic, which was totally my fault. So much kudos goes to you, She Cries and I'd Give it All For You were brilliant during the gala!
PANTY - You mixed up your lyrics on both shows, and you almost tripped during rehearsal. Countless times have you offered to drop. But you covered up for your mistakes, and I'm forever grateful when you commuted to the first techincal run rehearsal. Raisa Panty is the voice behind "kaya yan!", the tagline of the show. As I said, King of the World was made for you, and you definitely showed that to me, both shows.
CASSIE - Despite your priorities of the past few months, I'm amazed on how much you grew to love this show, even if it was the most makeshift thing in the world. Thanks for helping out with the staging and polishing. Stars and the Moon and Flagmaker saved the play during the matinee, and still shone during the gala. I will forever give you food to make you happy if it's what it takes.
TASHA - The girl had her first lead in this production, and she definitely pulled it off, despite the fact we changed blocking last minute. Thanks for pulling strings to get this production together, including our wardrobe problems. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. You were brilliant in I'm Not Afraid of Anything, Christmas Lullaby, and I'd Give it All For You.
THE OPENING NUMBER OF THE GALA MADE ME BREATHE AGAIN. THE CLOSING NUMBER OF BOTH SHOWS WERE BRILLIANT, THE ONE IN THE GALA ALMOST MADE ME CRY BECAUSE YOU WERE LEAVING THE PERFECT LAST IMPRESSION.
I've watched many different shows before this one in order to get a good feel on what I was supposed to be doing. I learned this from them:
-We might not have had as much finances as that of The Littlest Empress, but for a makeshift production, it was definitely good. In exhausting connections, you see how much people are willing to help.
-We might not have had as much rehearsal time, polishing, and professionalsim as Once on this Island, but sometimes, when you're faced with a half baked play, the director can only do so much. Leave it to your cast members to save the show, and they will impress you.
-We might not have had as much support and natural acting as Platus: Tikboy, but as long as people believe it will happen, you're not alone. Sometimes you don't know how many people actually do. And as long as your cast loves the play, they will melt into the roles.
My cast lived out this message both onstage and off: so did my crew, behind the scenes
"HOLD ON, HOLD TIGHT. I KNOW IT'S DARK RIGHT NOW BUT JUST BELIEVE SOMEHOW THAT SOON THERE WILL BE LIGHT."
No matter what, as long as we kept going, this play was only improving more and more, even when I didn't see it.
"HEAR MY SONG, IT WILL HELP US SURVIVE ALL THE PAIN."
hearing those songs sounding brilliantly during the in between rehearsals erased the entire matinee impression. And whenever we would rehearse, I'd remeber why I was doing this. Tabu addressed this line to me during the gala, completely with impromptu blocking and actions.
"LISTEN TO THE SONG THAT I SING, AND TRUST ME, WE'LL BE FINE."
At the end of the day, we were fine, KAYA YAN!, in panty's words. And it was.
TEN SONGS. EIGHT WEEKS. SIX CREW MEMBERS. FOUR CAST MEMBERS. TWO SHOWS. ONE PRODUCTION, ONE MOMENT.
Thanks goes out once again to all of the people who helped in this production. I never knew it would be so many.
"And if all those people believe in you, deep enough and strong enough, believe in you. Hard enough, and long enough, then you just might start to see what everybody sees in you. And maybe even you can believe in you too."
From then, I believed I could really pull off directing something like this. I never used to, but thanks to them, I finally did. It's the tribute to theatre, as it's my last production. Thanks to all for helping me end it with a bang.
***shoutout: To anyone who saw the show, failed to see it, or simply loved the show, Pia is currently making a soundtrack (yes, it's a recording of the gala show). If you want a copy of it, please hit the comment button and include it in your comment that you want one. If you didn't see the show and are getting one, I won't give you one unless you swear to give me reviews on it. If you want to "see the show again", we have a video just in case you want to remember how bad the matinee show was and how brilliant the gala show was. I'm not giving away copies, but you're welcome to drop by my house and watch it with me. I swear I won't get tired of watching it over and over.
IT'S ABOUT ONE MOMENT. AND ON MARCH 17, 2007 6PM, IT WAS THAT MOMENT. Guys, thanks for being there to share that one moment with me.
Comments
thanks for everything.. especially in believeing in us!
we love you pam!!!
i want a copy of the cd! prioritize me!!! hahaha
i have a hangover!!!
and just so you know.. this feeling is taking control of me.. ahhaha
If it werent for you rmom, we would not have had this amazing director who pulled off an AMAZING SHOW. Pam, I LOVE YOU TO BITS AND PIECES, and you know that. Sad lang, na this is your last. But hey, you never know. ;) MWAH!
* Hear my song... It'll help you BELIEVE in TOMORROW...
One moment. We had it. :)
I don't know how to thank you big sis... I was planning to thank you by making you cry while I sing "I'd Give it All for You:... but apparently, you didn't coz you kept on running back and forth tot he cound syste. DOn't blame yourself for that.. blame the lapels. :P well, what's done is done ryt? And things like this do happen... It thought me a lesson that despite the difficulties, the show must go on.
When I was injured, I asked you not to cut the song and to just believe in me. I appreaciate that. It was your belief that made me inspired to run during the show despite the fact that I could BARELY walk in real life...
This show really kept me sane. The rehearsals you held just gave me so much energy even if I had to sleep for a few hours only.
I'll just keep this comment short since I will write on your dedi!!! :p
ANd Pam, everything HAS a reason. I wouldn't feel the gala show if it wasn't because of the matinee show.
I'm glad to have been given the oppurtunity to work with you, AGAIN. I will NEVER get sick you, EVER. I'd do anything to get 3 more months of boot camp. I mean, GOSH. I'd sacrifice my summer for another play directed by you. I can't believe you're quitting...=l I'm gonna make you FEEL guilty about that decision. BWAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHA! =P
anyway, I'm sleepy... gudnyt pam!
Oh yea, For a moment like this, some people wait a life time. For amoment like this, some people search forever. :D
MAJOR HANGOVER PA RIN.
That line gave me goosebumps.
That hour, that chance, that moment was my first time to ever feel such bliss.
I'm not kidding. I'm glad this was my first production. When I told my sister I didn't wanna do this play anymore, I meant it. But doing it anyway made me feel a rush I never knew would compensate for all the hard work, the tiring and drooling singing (who know singing would ever make me that tired?) and all the blocking / polishing.
It was TIRING. No joke. Never in my life had I thought I would ever get so beat from singing. But I loved it anyway because I felt it.
Thank you so much for putting so much effort into this, at the times I'd lost hope. For believing in me when I'd forgotten to do it for myself. For remembering to hope when it was lost. For never giving up, even when we were so close to it.
Hindi lang hangover sakin! Hangunder din! Hangaround na! Po0o0ota. I keep listening to them! Pam! Don't forget to send me the Steam Train and River Won't Flow and stuff. :p
And a copy of the soundtrack! Please and thank you. :)
YOU DON'T KNOW ME. But you will. ;)
Like I'd mentioned: It was all about one moment. And now, it's gone. No worries though, we'll be fine."
I love you all! We musttttttttt have a reunion soon. I'll call Jason (tight kami eh) and tell him he can watch us. I'll tell him to pay, though. I know we're too expensive to be doing this for free (SM's included ;) Lol).
GOOOOOOD MAAAAAN CHARLIE BROOOOOOWN! ;)
--MAN1
Peace!