(Sorry... I cut out the last post and decided to make it sound better instead... :) true blue OC...)
DIRECTING... a lot of people dislike this job. What is the point of sleepless nights... diagrams and sequences... blockings... editing... and putting together a play... that you are most probably not going to be in anyway... right? And what's probably one of the worst stuff... is that if the play goes horribly wrong... who is at fault? yup, the director. It seems that its so much better just being in the cast (and in the limelight).
I've done that job... a total of two times this year... and one was a major production...whose rehearsal was better than the actual thing (grr!! i know what to do NEXT time na talaga!!) (ok, i'm not gonna mention it na) and the other a literal film that needed editing.... seems like hell? I don't know why, but I LOVE doing the plays anyway. What's super sad is that I won't get the chance to direct another play/film any time soon. Yup, I turned down the Charlie Brown directing thing for Gabay. (Carmela!! I'm still REALLY sorry!!)
It was more about sacrificing for glee club and debate. Well, actually a lot of debate. It's a dying varsity, and we have to keep it from dying, so that's something to do over the summer. I've been elected VP (and you more or less know what happens next year) ... thus assigning me to training pool (to watch over it... etc.). And I fought to keep glee. So that's where it all goes. Hmmm... maybe it's not so bad. Debate and glee, I still love you both.
Probably the thing that just makes it really hard is that I hear a lot about cousins and friends who are doing productions, or playing for them. And when I go and see each show (seen about three in a span of a month) it just makes me REALLY miss theater. I found out that I wasn't meant for the actual stage as a lead... more like behind the scenes. But I love that more.
Sigh... maybe I'm just not really supposed to be in the theater world... I miss directing!!!!
SHOUTOUT: 24 hours to Paco Park!! I hope it turns out good!! We've been practicing SO hard!! Good luck to us!! that's my next blog!!
DIRECTING... a lot of people dislike this job. What is the point of sleepless nights... diagrams and sequences... blockings... editing... and putting together a play... that you are most probably not going to be in anyway... right? And what's probably one of the worst stuff... is that if the play goes horribly wrong... who is at fault? yup, the director. It seems that its so much better just being in the cast (and in the limelight).
I've done that job... a total of two times this year... and one was a major production...whose rehearsal was better than the actual thing (grr!! i know what to do NEXT time na talaga!!) (ok, i'm not gonna mention it na) and the other a literal film that needed editing.... seems like hell? I don't know why, but I LOVE doing the plays anyway. What's super sad is that I won't get the chance to direct another play/film any time soon. Yup, I turned down the Charlie Brown directing thing for Gabay. (Carmela!! I'm still REALLY sorry!!)
It was more about sacrificing for glee club and debate. Well, actually a lot of debate. It's a dying varsity, and we have to keep it from dying, so that's something to do over the summer. I've been elected VP (and you more or less know what happens next year) ... thus assigning me to training pool (to watch over it... etc.). And I fought to keep glee. So that's where it all goes. Hmmm... maybe it's not so bad. Debate and glee, I still love you both.
Probably the thing that just makes it really hard is that I hear a lot about cousins and friends who are doing productions, or playing for them. And when I go and see each show (seen about three in a span of a month) it just makes me REALLY miss theater. I found out that I wasn't meant for the actual stage as a lead... more like behind the scenes. But I love that more.
Sigh... maybe I'm just not really supposed to be in the theater world... I miss directing!!!!
SHOUTOUT: 24 hours to Paco Park!! I hope it turns out good!! We've been practicing SO hard!! Good luck to us!! that's my next blog!!
Comments