Skip to main content

Pahabol summer post...

Very delayed summer update... Apparently, BUSY rin kapag SUMMER.

1. May 29 - US embassy and Playshop Showcase
Just arrived from HK and Macau that day, tapos full blast schedule ahead. The US embassy took FOREVER. Just to get there was bad (tree fell on the electric wires in Sucat, blocking off 3 of the 4 lanes), and waiting IN there was even longer. Finished just in time at around 5pm.
I made it to Tabu-Ejay-Kristina-Mikki's playshop showcase, Friends Forever/Class Act (the gay-er title was the real one, ata). It was a labor of love from Marga, Mica and myself. Intense distance just to get there (AFP at Aguinaldo, tapos traffic through Edsa). But otherwise, it was a cute show, great job guys!

2. May 30-31 MEA
I was seriously contemplating not to attend this thing, instead I'd sleep off and enjoy summer until I really had to get to Ateneo. But, I decided to go anyway... and didn't regret it. I really enjoyed the prepcourse, meeting ME groupmates, making guitar prototypes, advertising, bargaining, and mass producing (kinacareer natin, although it wasn't graded), singing Seasons of Love with my newly found FOB quartet (Pam-Steph-Adi-Bibo). Reaaally fun stuff, although physically and mentally draining. And... we won SECOND PLACE!! Despite the fact we were UNDERPAID WORKERS for the guitar business, we made bawi in the string-cup eklat and the AMAZING RACE. Yes, what we do just to get a few points. FOB is the BESTEST!!

3. May 30-31 Sleepover at Abby's and Eastwood Night Out
Seeing that my dorm wasn't ready in May, I slept over at Abby's condo during MEA. That meant, we tried getting used to North culture and living up here for the next how many years. It basically covered a night out in Eastwood with Ejay, with the Abby throwing up episode. Ejay was mean enough, to make a word out of it. From now on, "Abby" will be used to connote vomiting. That was kinda freaked.

4. May 31 - TEMPLE!!
Last night with the superbarkada. And pahabol, for that day my plans for the day were kinda whacked. Instead of going home that day to sleep and change, I stayed in Katips, bumming at Ejay's two person na naging one person condo, and watching the My Talent showcase at Eastwood (written by this palanca winning guy, REALLY GOOD PLAY. pinoy musical na brilliant.) So, I "improvised" by having my clothes brought by Gel to Temple. That meant, having to drag a HUGE bag around. But otherwise... it was SUPER FUN!! Last night bonding with the Paref barkada, drinks and dancing up until 1am. I will miss this SO MUCH!!

5. May 31- June 1 PIG sleepover
I hadn't seen the house in around three days. The last night because of a PIG sleepover. Basically, we were so tired that we fell asleep almost when we got home. Gel and I managed a few hours. The next day was themed CHILL OUT SESSIONS. We spent how many hours lounging on Gel's POOL CHAIRS. the bestest invention ever. Excellent for tanning, sleeping, and being bored. We looked like such spoiled bitches, kulang na lang cocktails. Pinahabol ung camhorring in photobooth and playing rock band. Kinacareer din yun. I LOVE PIG. I will miss ET.

6. May 3 - Registration
Enrollment in Ateneo... it was in one word, A MADHOUSE. After all the years enrolling and complaining about the WR system of enrollment, you learn to appreciate it. There were SO MANY PEOPLE enrolling, and it was really tedious. The waiting in line, the switching of rooms, the random numbers, the class enlisting, the cashier, the ID claiming was really really really, tedious. INTENSE. Luckily I was at 93, super kawawa the others. They were there until what time. I waited for Karen and Marga, who were my rides going home. By the time we reached ATC, it was 2pm and we were frickin starving. Atenistas na!!!

7. May 4 - Guidance Testing
This went pretty okay, the only funky part being the one with the pictures. Monmon and I wrote the same thing for the guy with the violin, same story-ish, with the main character being named Ejay (great minds think alike). After guidance testing, it was PAREF reunion by the doghouse. Hahaha, almost 30 people there. It's kinda kinda like we never left.

8. May 5-7 ORSEM!!!
First official days as Atenistas!! Campus tours, group dynamics, lectures, SOM nights, department talks, Orsem Idols, Ateneo cheers, Banana, Pacific Ring of Fire, and Chugga. Had the most gaaame TNT's ever... Patty and Bym. BLOCK T2!! BIG BLUE STICK! BIG BLUE STICK! Led the block during Mamera, and WON! :)) Boy Abunda and "Chris Tiu" during SOM night. Also, Indi-ang Jones and the Temple of Boom. Loved that department talk. I'm feeling the VIBES!! Mega PAREF reunions too during this time, including lunch meetings and the PAREF wall, such a great changing room hahahaha. :)) CHEER O FABILO ATENEO!!

Contenders for omnipresent during these days are Abby, Ejay, and MonMon. I can't believe how many times I saw you during the past two weeks. But walang tatalo kay Ejay. Blockmate na, neighbor-ish pa. From playshop all the way down to ORSEM.

SUMMER IS OVER. NOOOOOOO!! I really don't want this to end. Note that this is our LAST summer, as in EVER. Getting nostalgic na... CRAPBAG. I'm going to miss summer, and high school, and batch 08.

FIRST DAY TOMORROW!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The checklist...

A lot is going on... A LOT. None of which are done yet, btw... so a-la-Nash-reply speech... I'll just go down a quick check list... on what the hell I'm supposed to be doing... (gaaah... I'm back to my time tabled life... I miss spontaineity) 1. WIT - actually this is done... it went well!! We got some possible new recruits... and it was actually fun to miss a lot of class to adj debates... and miss even more class tabbing... 2. Campaign - hasn't started... but being campaign manager has its perks and downfalls (such as shortened lunch). MOVE doesn't have a final line up yet... but anyway... it's currently on low priority... 3. Sendoff - gawd don't talk to me about this. I haven't started yet. I will, when I actually have the time to do so. 4. Prom - just finished up getting the last minute things... I'm going to spend the week breathing now... just those reaaaally minor details na lang... JUST GET IT OVER WITH NA! I swear, the planning and talking n...

To restage or not to restage...

The poll is up. Should the Gabay production of Songs for a New World do a restaging? Hit the comment button, and state your name, answer, and justification. This way, certain people won't vote numerous times. I cannot believe I'm even opening to that situation.

WR Debaters are sorority sisters... :)

It's been a little bit under hell over the past two days, so it's been hard to find the time to blog about IISDC. The teachers decided to give no mercy and imposed all make up tests to be taken today. Naturally, we died studying last night. But... the point is... it was well worth it. It's super hard to actually describe IISDC 2006, so here's the rundown on the highlights. 1. Mega SQUISH!! 12 people in Eagle star!! - Just when we thought that 8 people in a condo was difficult last year, we tried 12 this year. It took a lot of mattresses and fixing up every single day, lots of squishing, waiting for Gaba to turn off the lights, and sleeping on the floor. Imagine, the condo is originally for two people, and we fit six times more than that. Achievement! Well, it just involved having no space after all the bags were unloaded and after the sleeping bags were rolled down. But, that just adds to the fun of it! 2. No sleep, really - okay, so we still slept a little, but we woul...