It's been... hmm... two days since Oct.17... when we presented Wicked... and I'm missing it really bad... along with the rest of the class... just yesterday we did a run through "just for fun" with no purpose... we're going to have our "lose your voice"party on friday... and it's now a literal party, okay? heehee...
Wow... two months of... rehearsals... glitters and glue guns... diagrams and sequences... and outbursts of song during classes... and it's over in like... 20 minutes... :) but i think we did a good show... it wasn't exactly perfect... dancing through life was off timing and all... but it was their best na... and the energy level was pretty much good... I think it's not about having the uber best show... but its that we came super super far... like some people couldn't believe that Yella and Nadz did that well... yaaay!! Yup yup!! Really funny... I walked in when the cast was trying to get the flowers from Mon's car... oopsie... neways... to sum it all up...
Top 5 things I learned from Wicked...
1. Getting the class to do a production is really really hard... and shouting is definitely not the answer... the best bet you have is to motivate them... and then it could be smoother sailing from there...
2. People in the class have different attention spans... which is very very irritating sometimes... but don't try to push too hard...
3. Anything can happen in the middle/ or almost end, of the pre production process... like... changing your line up FOUR days before the show (but we did it really really well!!)
4. Be prepared to be less attentive during class... it cannot be helped... you can try though... with that comes a little drop in the academic part... but it's super super worth it!!
5. You get to unite your class a lot... and it's the funnest thing ever!!
I love you IIA Candy Shop Productions!! And I'll really miss Wicked!! *Hugs to all!*
Wow... two months of... rehearsals... glitters and glue guns... diagrams and sequences... and outbursts of song during classes... and it's over in like... 20 minutes... :) but i think we did a good show... it wasn't exactly perfect... dancing through life was off timing and all... but it was their best na... and the energy level was pretty much good... I think it's not about having the uber best show... but its that we came super super far... like some people couldn't believe that Yella and Nadz did that well... yaaay!! Yup yup!! Really funny... I walked in when the cast was trying to get the flowers from Mon's car... oopsie... neways... to sum it all up...
Top 5 things I learned from Wicked...
1. Getting the class to do a production is really really hard... and shouting is definitely not the answer... the best bet you have is to motivate them... and then it could be smoother sailing from there...
2. People in the class have different attention spans... which is very very irritating sometimes... but don't try to push too hard...
3. Anything can happen in the middle/ or almost end, of the pre production process... like... changing your line up FOUR days before the show (but we did it really really well!!)
4. Be prepared to be less attentive during class... it cannot be helped... you can try though... with that comes a little drop in the academic part... but it's super super worth it!!
5. You get to unite your class a lot... and it's the funnest thing ever!!
I love you IIA Candy Shop Productions!! And I'll really miss Wicked!! *Hugs to all!*
Comments