Skip to main content

Recap: the 21 busiest days of Pam's life

To compensate for the lack of blog entries over the past month... :) And just so you know, it's 12nn Monday, meaning I'm not in school... again. (I'm probably the second most absent person in the batch)

The past three weeks have been the busiest and most draining (physically, mentally, emotionally) three weeks of my life. Everyday I got home no earlier than 7pm, and average sleeping time was around 130am. Finally, I'm glad to say it ENDED, but it ended well. :D

Nov 20 EDSA SHANG CONGRESS - waking up at 5am to get to Edsa Shang dressed, made up, and vocalized by 8am. This was fun, in the sense that we got to skip the entire morning period - including pretending that the bus arrived late so we could miss the before lunch period as well. Hmm... the Isla ballroom was a lot bigger than I imagined.

Nov. 22 I KEEP LOVE REAL - there's no need for an introduction, seeing everyone knows what happened here. We won, first place, thus getting 100grand (50 for the school, 50 halved within the members). Great job guys! With technical problems and celebrity meetings, hahaha :D I got my first tarp because of this - pina impromptu na back up vocals plus filing papars. lol. (yeah, it's been my dream to have a tarp).

Nov. 30 and Dec 1 BAZAAR - the shopping marathon of all shopping marathons. The 8 grand from I keep love real helped a lot in that sense. I ran around the bazaar, three rounds, to get everything I thought I needed. I love bazaaaaaars :D

Dec. 2 VOICES IN HARMONY FINALS - the long awaited finals night. :) That was a day of ambo hato, paraiso, and iisang bangka. We got fourth place overall, which was sayang because only third up get medals, and second place in the contest piece. Despite the mistakes that were deathly obvious, we still did well.
It was right why the seniors super cried after the competition. It wasn't because we didn't place, but it was probably because there was no next year to get back for. The chorale did really really well, and it's really the result of our bootcamp-y training. All that was worth it, including the missed classes and periods. We seniors help jumpstart the chorale, and we can't be prouder. True naman, the rehearsals are exhausting, draining, and frustrating (I mean, one second out of time, how does that matter? apparently it does) - but I'm sure we'd do it all over again if we could just stay for another voices finals.

Dec. 6 WR 30TH ANNIVERSARY - Just when we were so exhausted Sunday night from Voices, we had to attend rehearsals every day after that from Monday to Thursday for half a day just to prepare for this concert. I have to say, I missed the whole performance high, it's really been a while. Kudos to Miss Cabs for organizing the show, I really liked it, including the family performances and the excerpts from other stuff. The chorale hasn't had a concert like that since... paco park two years ago. Also, thanks so much to batch 2008, who had an almost complete attendance - prolly one of the reasons why it was sooo full house that night.
Seniors, Cassie was right - this was our last major concert. And I'm super glad that it was in Woodrose, I mean, first concert in WR - cantate, last concert in WR as well. Ended it right, hahaha :) Great jobb!!! :D

Dec. 8-9 IDEA 2 - I was getting sick by Wednesday (dress tech for 30TH), and I was using my voice every single day. I was seriously doubting about whether I could function well during idea2. Turns out, I still did.
UNREAL. That was the only word coming out of my mouth during the break night, and over the phone with the alumni calling (plus mikki). Gaba and I broke SECOND. It was even funnier because Jayson made Gaba cry thinking that we had completely lost our last round (yes, WR A is a team of very praning people). But we apparently won it, giving us 8 points. The next day, we reached the semi finals, which was really good. :) Finally, gabs and I ranked in the top ten best speakers - me at fourth, gaba at fifth.Chrissa and Pat broke 14th, got to quarters, and Nikki and Tabby broke 16th, got to semis. Pola and Abby, thank you sooo much for fighting until the end... I swear this isn't the last. My kiddies!! UNREAL. SUPER UNREAL.
Congratulations to SR B - Sluggo and Nicky - for winning the invite!! Galing galing, with jokes to match pa. :D And congrats as well to Raffy for winning public speaking... panalo talaga!!
... "Sluggo! Assume the holy position!"
... starting the trend on... "C Borr was Jigglypuff in his past life"
... and what not to do when asking a WR girl to prom... PANALOOO!!
I have to say that I loved this tournament. Debate's second semester is turning up much better than the first... :) One more fight... Idea3!!! :D
Crud... I'm really going to miss all this... I'm turning over SOON!! :)

*** just for a final note: If you think this all came with no consolation you are absolutely WRONG. the downside is so simple... yet so WORRY-SOME. those are... MY GRADES. they're DISMAL. I'll leave it at that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The checklist...

A lot is going on... A LOT. None of which are done yet, btw... so a-la-Nash-reply speech... I'll just go down a quick check list... on what the hell I'm supposed to be doing... (gaaah... I'm back to my time tabled life... I miss spontaineity) 1. WIT - actually this is done... it went well!! We got some possible new recruits... and it was actually fun to miss a lot of class to adj debates... and miss even more class tabbing... 2. Campaign - hasn't started... but being campaign manager has its perks and downfalls (such as shortened lunch). MOVE doesn't have a final line up yet... but anyway... it's currently on low priority... 3. Sendoff - gawd don't talk to me about this. I haven't started yet. I will, when I actually have the time to do so. 4. Prom - just finished up getting the last minute things... I'm going to spend the week breathing now... just those reaaaally minor details na lang... JUST GET IT OVER WITH NA! I swear, the planning and talking n...

To restage or not to restage...

The poll is up. Should the Gabay production of Songs for a New World do a restaging? Hit the comment button, and state your name, answer, and justification. This way, certain people won't vote numerous times. I cannot believe I'm even opening to that situation.

WR Debaters are sorority sisters... :)

It's been a little bit under hell over the past two days, so it's been hard to find the time to blog about IISDC. The teachers decided to give no mercy and imposed all make up tests to be taken today. Naturally, we died studying last night. But... the point is... it was well worth it. It's super hard to actually describe IISDC 2006, so here's the rundown on the highlights. 1. Mega SQUISH!! 12 people in Eagle star!! - Just when we thought that 8 people in a condo was difficult last year, we tried 12 this year. It took a lot of mattresses and fixing up every single day, lots of squishing, waiting for Gaba to turn off the lights, and sleeping on the floor. Imagine, the condo is originally for two people, and we fit six times more than that. Achievement! Well, it just involved having no space after all the bags were unloaded and after the sleeping bags were rolled down. But, that just adds to the fun of it! 2. No sleep, really - okay, so we still slept a little, but we woul...