It quite ironic, because some of you guys are either my batchmates, or even worse, older than me. But it's mommy duck mode for a reason.
My dearest ducklings,
I mass novena-d for nine days straight, and spent Holy Hours reciting 81 sets of our father-hail mary-glory be when sem break started, only for one purpose. I guessed it would be futile to ask to break if it wasn't meant to be that way. I wanted only one thing - I wanted the team to do well. All I needed was to be strong enough for you guys, break or no break. Just anything, anything that would make PSDC memorable. After storming heaven more than I thought possible, I went to Ateneo with you guys, with four days that we called training.
I didn't think I'd get more than what I asked for. Who'd ever thought that we'd break four WR records? I didn't think we could get any better than last year's performance. But you guys outdid yourselves. From four breaking teams, to advancing to quarters, and the like. But best yet, I saw you guys enjoy yourselves, from debating to the moments at 1am before we were screamed at to sleep. In that sense, I knew that I did something right. In one way of another, you guys gave debate, gave this team, and gave me a chance.
I know PSDC, like all other tournaments this year, was an emotional roller coaster for me. You saw me at my best, as well as break down after round 7, seriously believing we lost. I may have doubted myself a thousand times over, but I never doubted you guys. I knew that you would deliver, that if it wasn't going to be me, you guys would make it.
Now, we sat through classes, shifting weights like the way we did during our rounds, or trying hard to sit still, knowing that we couldn't just stand up anytime (or worse, raise a point). PSDC is over and done with.
Not only is it the end of PSDC, but the end of the peak of the debate season. Seniors, it was our last national tourney, the last we've seen of that abandoned two (customed to squeeze ten) person condo, and the last we've seen of seclec c as a convening room (not as a lecture hall). It's just around now that every captain thinks not of the next training marathon, but of the turnover that's bound to happen in a few months.
But before we get to that, thank you so much for making our last PSDC memorable. It was during break night that I realized Mikki, Margie, Giovs, and everyone else was right. It was worth it, all the tears, prayers, sacrificed time and effort. I couldn't have asked for a better team.
Guys, in a matter of years, records will be broken all over again. But it's not really the point of it all. Break or no break, if there's one thing I'm proud of, it's knowing that you guys didn't give up on this, and decided to love it for what it is.
I'm not the hell of a debater, but for what it's worth, I'm really proud to have been your captain, to have been mommy duck Pam. I love you guys, so so much.
Mommy Duck
My dearest ducklings,
I mass novena-d for nine days straight, and spent Holy Hours reciting 81 sets of our father-hail mary-glory be when sem break started, only for one purpose. I guessed it would be futile to ask to break if it wasn't meant to be that way. I wanted only one thing - I wanted the team to do well. All I needed was to be strong enough for you guys, break or no break. Just anything, anything that would make PSDC memorable. After storming heaven more than I thought possible, I went to Ateneo with you guys, with four days that we called training.
I didn't think I'd get more than what I asked for. Who'd ever thought that we'd break four WR records? I didn't think we could get any better than last year's performance. But you guys outdid yourselves. From four breaking teams, to advancing to quarters, and the like. But best yet, I saw you guys enjoy yourselves, from debating to the moments at 1am before we were screamed at to sleep. In that sense, I knew that I did something right. In one way of another, you guys gave debate, gave this team, and gave me a chance.
I know PSDC, like all other tournaments this year, was an emotional roller coaster for me. You saw me at my best, as well as break down after round 7, seriously believing we lost. I may have doubted myself a thousand times over, but I never doubted you guys. I knew that you would deliver, that if it wasn't going to be me, you guys would make it.
Now, we sat through classes, shifting weights like the way we did during our rounds, or trying hard to sit still, knowing that we couldn't just stand up anytime (or worse, raise a point). PSDC is over and done with.
Not only is it the end of PSDC, but the end of the peak of the debate season. Seniors, it was our last national tourney, the last we've seen of that abandoned two (customed to squeeze ten) person condo, and the last we've seen of seclec c as a convening room (not as a lecture hall). It's just around now that every captain thinks not of the next training marathon, but of the turnover that's bound to happen in a few months.
But before we get to that, thank you so much for making our last PSDC memorable. It was during break night that I realized Mikki, Margie, Giovs, and everyone else was right. It was worth it, all the tears, prayers, sacrificed time and effort. I couldn't have asked for a better team.
Guys, in a matter of years, records will be broken all over again. But it's not really the point of it all. Break or no break, if there's one thing I'm proud of, it's knowing that you guys didn't give up on this, and decided to love it for what it is.
I'm not the hell of a debater, but for what it's worth, I'm really proud to have been your captain, to have been mommy duck Pam. I love you guys, so so much.
Mommy Duck
Comments